Terms and conditions
This service is provided for residents of the Republic of Ireland only – do not use this service if you live elsewhere.
By using this service, you confirm that you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland and you are deemed to understand, consent to, and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions you should not use this service.
The Lloyds Online Doctor is provided by Algorithmic Health Ireland Limited trading as Lloyds Online Doctor. By using our service, you are confirming that you have carefully read, understand, and agree to be legally bound by our terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
There is no ‘limit’ on the amount of times you can use the Lloyds Online Doctor. However, on a case-by-case basis, we may (at our sole discretion) choose to limit your usage of our services, if we deem your use to be excessive.
If you believe that you are in an urgent or emergency situation you should immediately contact 112 or 999.
You should call 112 or 999 IMMEDIATELY in a critical or life-threatening situation, such as if you or someone has:
- difficulty breathing;
- severe bleeding and it can't be stopped;
- severe chest pain;
- a severe allergic reaction;
- severe burns or scalds;
- loss of consciousness;
- major trauma such as the result of a serious road traffic accident, a stabbing, a shooting, a fall from height or a serious head injury; or
- acute confused states and fits which are not stopping,
- or if you believe someone is having a heart attack or stroke.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you disagree with any part of these terms, then you should not use our Services.
Introduction and responsibilities
1. About us
Lloyds Online Doctor is a trading name of Algorithmic Health Ireland Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland under company number 691568. Lloyds Online Doctor can be contacted as follows:
FAO: Lloyds Online Doctor IE.
Lloyds Online Doctor IE
Block A, 5th Floor
2. Privacy and security
Your privacy is important to us and the following information explains how we will use and protect it.
a. Privacy of your information
Lloyds Online Doctor complies with all relevant Data Protection legislation. We will use the information you provide with other information we obtain about you to administer and provide the goods and/or services you request. We will not share your personal information with any organisation other than those directly involved in delivering these services.
Lloyds Online Doctor uses security technology, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to protect information submitted through this website and has procedures in place to ensure paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage. Nevertheless, electronic transmissions are never completely private or secure and there is a risk, therefore, that any electronic communications sent may be intercepted and potentially read by others. You should, therefore, ensure that any computer, device or telephone you use to access your online patient record is suitably protected from potential interception.
You must not misuse the Services by;
- knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services, the servers on which they are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Services will cease immediately.
c. Direct marketing
Where a patient has given their explicit consent, Lloyds Online Doctor may send direct marketing materials to the patient to the contact information provided by the patient.
In order to use our services, you will be required to register with Lloyds Online Doctor and create a personal secure online patient record. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate access at any time if we believe that your continued use of our services will prejudice others or us. By registering to use Lloyds Online Doctor, you:
- a. confirm that the information you provide is accurate and complete; and
- b. agree to keep your username and password confidential and to take reasonable steps to protect and not to share the login details for your online patient record with anyone; and
- c. confirm that you are aged 18 or over.
4. Our commitment to you
Each of our doctors commits to:
a. Professional responsibility
Take professional responsibility for each patient who uses the Lloyds Online Doctors to the same extent as a doctor would have responsibility when meeting a patient face to face.
Provide a professional and transparent service that complies with Irish Medical Council Guidelines on prescribing and follows best clinical practice.
c. Provide identification
Volunteer their name and Irish Medical Council professional registration number when prescribing medicines and communicating with patients.
d. Prescribe in the best interest of the patient
Prescribe medicines only when in their professional judgement it is in the patient's best interests to receive the medicine being requested and, accordingly, to refuse to prescribe medicines when they believe it is not in the patient's best interests to receive medicines without the benefit of a face-to-face consultation.
There are certain prescriptions for medicines that will not be issued by doctors in any circumstances, which include: controlled medication, such as strong painkillers, anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics and medication that requires specialist prescribing and monitoring; and medication that needs to be administered by injection (other than those listed on our website).
Take all reasonable steps to protect patients' personal information as described in our Privacy notice.
5. Your commitments when using Lloyds Online Doctors>
As the patient, you commit to:
a. Accurate information
Answer all questions truthfully and fully.
b. Personal registration
Not register more than once.
c. Registration for someone other than yourself
Not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
d. Comply with instructions
Read carefully, each message uploaded into your secure online patient record before taking any medicines that our doctors have prescribed and to comply with any instructions given for each medicine. If you are uncertain as to how to take any medicine we have prescribed to you, you will contact us and not use medicine until you have sufficient information from us and understand the correct instructions.
e. Decisions at Lloyds Online Doctors
Accept the Lloyds Online Doctors’ decision when our doctors determine that it is not in your best interests to receive the requested medicine without the benefit of a face-to-face consultation.
f. Abusive Behaviour
Treat our doctors and staff with respect. We do not tolerate abusive behaviour. In the event of such behaviour, we are within our rights to deactivate your patient record and refund any open orders.
g. Notify your GP
With your consent and provided you send us in writing the name and address for your GP, we will always offer to inform your GP of any medicines that our doctors prescribe.
h. Protect medicines
Ensure that no-one other than yourself has access to any prescriptions for medicines that we issue you.
i. Expiry date
Ensure that any prescriptions for medicines prescribed in advance of need are not used beyond their expiry date.
i. Notify side-effects
Inform Lloyds Online Doctor via your online patient record if you experience any side-effects from any medicine we prescribe to you or if you think that any medicine we have prescribed to you has not been effective.
6. Placing and cancelling an order
When you take up a service that involves the prescribing of medicines this will require us to perform an assessment of your clinical suitability for the medicines before the medicines can be approved for supply. You agree to us commencing this service and an assessment of your clinical suitability for medicines when you place your request and, as such you will have no right to cancel your order.
7. Concluding a binding contract
When we receive a prescription request from you, we will confirm that we have received the request by sending a confirmation email to the contact email address that you supplied. This email is a proof of a request and will not be binding on us until we either prescribe your medicine or otherwise commence a clinical service, whichever occurs first. Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any item we are permitted to prescribe to you and, as such, we have no obligation to prescribe quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum. We reserve the right to reject any order.
8. Authorisation of orders for medicines
Our clinicians can only make a decision as to whether it is in the best interests of the patient to receive a medicine when the doctor has all relevant information. On occasion, this may require the doctor to ask the patient for additional information further to the information that was provided in response to an online questionnaire.
9. Collecting medicines/goods from a participating 'In-Pharmacy Collection' store
When collecting your prescription from a Pharmacy store, before doing so you need to check your online patient record to ensure a doctor has approved your request. You may also need to telephone the pharmacy to check they have the medicine in stock if you wish to purchase your medication there. In both cases, please be aware that if there are availability issues at your nominated pharmacy, it may not be possible to pick up your approved prescription/medications on the same day as you ordered them.
10. Service Operator
This service is operated by Lloyds Online Doctor. You agree that any claim you make in connection with Lloyds Online Doctor will only be brought against Lloyds Online Doctor.
11. Our liability to you
Lloyds Online Doctor accepts full clinical responsibility for all its patients to the full extent that the law requires. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (in contract negligence or otherwise) where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or;
- The loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach or;
- Any loss or damage or increased risk of loss or damage results from a breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
We are not responsible for:
- a. loss or damage caused by you providing inaccurate or incomplete information;
- b. loss of your emotional well-being including, but not limited to, any embarrassment caused;
- c. loss of income or anticipated profits;
- d. loss of opportunity;
- e. loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- f. losses suffered by third parties; or
- g. any indirect, consequential, special, or exemplary damages arising from the use of the service regardless of the form of action.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights.
12. Information on this website
We take care to ensure that all information available on our website about our business, services and any products mentioned is accurate. However, these are continually developing and, occasionally, the information may be out of date.
General medical information provided on the website – as opposed to personalised information uploaded into your online patient record - is not a substitute for specific and personalised medical advice and should not be read or used as such.
13. Links from this website
We may, from time to time, provide links from this website to websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience, and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
14. Third party rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, nor shall it confer a benefit on any third party and a person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no rights to enforce them.
No delay or decision not to enforce rights under these Terms and Conditions will constitute a waiver of the right to do so and will not affect rights in relation to a subsequent breach.
16. Governing law
These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Ireland and hereby submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reasons of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the agreement and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. The above Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
10% affiliate code
This discount code is valid for all consultations.
This offer is valid from 00:00 03/10/2023 until 23:59 30/11/2023.
Enter code at checkout.
The available consultation discount is for new patients only and cannot be retrospectively applied to existing orders.
Please note that all prescriptions require a medical assessment from one of our clinicians.
Social media prize draws
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK.
- No purchase is necessary to take part.
- Participants must engage with the post in line with the details given in the post by midnight on the same day as the giveaway.
- The winners will be notified within 72 hours of the midnight deadline – this communication must then be acknowledged by the winner within 24 hours. Failure to do so will mean an alternative winner is selected from all valid entries received.
- Employees of Lloyds Online Doctor and their immediate families, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this prize draw are not entitled to participate.
- An independent person, selected by Online Doctor, will randomly select the winners within 24 hours after the midnight deadline, from all valid and correct entries received.
- Only one entry per person.
- Proof of sending is not proof of receipt and the promoter does not accept any responsibility for the non-receipt or the late receipt of message due to network failure. No applications from third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- When contacting the winners of the competitions we will ask for your full names and addresses. We will not pass on your personal details to any other person or organisation, except when the competition is run in partnership with another company who will be sending out the prize. They will not retain any of the personal data once the prize has been delivered.
- The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
- The promoter reserves the right with withdraw or amend any elements of this competition due to events beyond its control.
- The promoter of the competition is Lloyds Online Doctor.
- The name and region of the winner may be obtained by writing to the following address: Lloyds Online Doctor IE, Block A, 5th Floor, The Atrium, Blackthorn Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, D18 F5X2, IRELAND.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. THE NEW VERSION WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE AND WILL TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING.
IF YOU USE THIS WEBSITE AFTER THE NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE COME INTO EFFECT, YOU WILL BE INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS.